Thursday, August 6, 2009

Teo Turned Four Months!





Wow! It's been a while since we last posted. (Since it's Teo's blog, I make him sit in my lap and, with my assistance, have him pound out the keys with his little fingers, and I guess he's been a bit sore from it, so we took a break.)
I kiiiid, I kiiiid, of course. A combination of being very busy, major computer crash and the resultant scrambling to catch up with client work, and then a brief but very fun respite from daily concerns spent at Camp Hollywood (a major swing dance camp held here in LA; best of the best, in my opinion). All made it difficult to make much time for posting pics and writing up a bunch of STUFF.
Anyhoooooos - Teo turned 4-months old on August 3rd! What can I say? Time flies, they grow so fast, blah blah blah. All I can say is that he is even MORE cute than before, which I thought impossible, and even more fun and ingratiating than ever. I LOVE the guy!! It's been nothing but fun and wonderment being around him, and watching him develop. He truly is a very happy baby. And no wonder, what with mom tending to his EVERY need, plus now that he's "co-sleeping" with us (more later), and not to mention the constant love, affection, attention and blah blah blah he recieves, it all makes for a very shiny, happy person.
The only inconvenient development from it all, for ME anyways, is that the size of my sleeping area in our bed has dwindled to approximately one-and-a-half of my body's width, precariously close the edge of the bed. You see, Moms and Buddy NEED that big area for their night-time bonding/feeding/sleeping frenzy. Which is all good, really, seeing how co-sleeping is a natural instinct and the greatest thing for Teo's development. I know it sounds like I'm being sarcastic, but it's all true. Candice bought home a very informative book on the subject (yet another exceptional tidbit of wise advice from her breastfeeding support group/class), and it all makes perfect sense that a baby should be as close to mom as possible, at all times throughout the day and night. Think of a monkey on it's mama's back, and why. That pretty much sums it up - except for the bigger brains and extra chromosome or two we have over those primates :)
So, a long-winded post. Due, since much time has passed. I hope to be more on top of it, now that I have a new, top-of-the-line Mac at my disposal, and Teo's fingers are fully recovered. Please come back soon for more pics and less blabbing. I know you all only want to SEE THE BABY! So, as an added little tidbit, here is a video of Teo on the floor at the hotel we stayed at in San Francisco on a recent trip. And at the end, he responds to a question I posed! I laugh every single time I watch it.

No comments: